Wednesday, August 11, 2010

dietary confinement

so these past few years ive made a more conscious effort to adjust my lifestyle and diet to suit a more ethical outlook. i stopped eating meat all together 4 years ago and havent looked back.. like many other choices in my life i constructed a plan/goal to go veg and havent looked back. i def believe that my middle ground stance has kept me afloat and not even wanting to look back. with meat i often joke that i did 20 years on so now im taking 20 years off.. and i think it might be more like 50 years off if i make it..

however i am certain that being vegetarian is the means for me to have a succesful diet both nutritional and ethical. some of my friends have ventured down the vegan road. some very succesful at promoting/eating an all around vegan lifestyle... and some people i have encountered have been very unsuccessful (see everyone that eats meat again after being so passionate about animal rights)

my main reasoning that i have never jumped into veganism or raw food is that i am concernd that my diet will get stale and i dont want to create ethical paradoxes. yeah i cook vegan sometimes but i mix

so in general my decision and general outlook and goal is this:

cook at home 6 nights a week (7 in limbo)
mix it up by eating different flavor palettes
eat and buy local produce when possible
eat fast food lunch or dinner once or twice a week (french fries or pizza)
limit amounts of high cholesterol dairy/salt
eat as little genetically altered or modified soy as possible
limit processed foods
whole grains instead of bleached when avoidable
no fluoride toothpaste!
research out and avoid byproducts like rennet and gelatin
if i do not have the heart to kill a certain animal i will not eat it.
and above all, if i find a positive change to my plan...i give it an honest shot



No comments:

Post a Comment